On Saturday, 28 January, 2017, our community observed Holocaust Memorial Day Shabbat by inviting Jenny Bell and Dina Levitin to speak about their experience translating the documents in the Ringelblum Archive as part of the Oyneg Shabes project.
You can learn more about Oyneg Shabes through Yad Vashem's website, and/or watch the wonderful video below from that page which explains the project.
Here are the presentations, articles and images Dina and Jenny shared:
1. Dina's introduction to the Oyneg Shabes project
2. A Nationalism in the Plural (Dina)
3. About the Materials of the Ringelblum Archive (Jenny)
4. Oyneg Shabes project photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
5. Translated extracts from the archive: 1, 2, 3.
6. The 2-1/2 Year Project: Soliciting Archive Materials